Sunday, December 27, 2015

Raising Eight Presidents…coming soon

BTW...Merry Christmas!


I still can’t believe I’m writing this post.

I’ve gone through a million emotions. So I’m finally to the point where I feel like I can share this with the world without feeling like I will be crushed by the thoughtless comments. And believe me, I’m pretty sure every one of them have already crossed my mind. So here goes…

After telling our kids, we couldn’t have any more kids, God decided to prove me wrong. To be honest, I didn’t handle this news well at all. And due to my age and high probability of miscarriage, we decided to hold off telling anyone as long as we could…even our kids. Besides, I needed time to absorb it all…and accept it. God and I had some pretty serious long and hard talks. Of course, He set me straight eventually. Most of my older kids started getting suspicious, especially hearing me throw up every night and then suddenly I’m all normal the next morning. They also noticed my expanding belly.

So how are the kids handling the new? Well, it’s old news now. Kate found out first. She asked. I thought about lying to her. But I couldn’t. It was special. She was excited with her silent cheer (so no one else would hear). Then Meg found out…she asked why I was popping Tums. Then at 12 weeks, I went to get an ultrasound. It’s about $20 here. So I couldn’t resist. Pierce was with us, having just had a root canal. So we explained to him by handing him the photo. He just said, “I knew it!” So we went home and told the other kids…to be fair.…even Mickey. I would say of all the kids, Morgan is the most excited.

Have I been sick? Horribly so. From week 6 (which is how I knew for sure I was preggo) until presently. I started out sick in the afternoon until late at night. And now it’s mainly between 9pm and midnight. Just a little insight…with all my boys, sickness ended at 12 weeks on the dot. With my girls, I went well past that with both of them.

When am I due? June 21. I’ll be 15 weeks on Tuesday.

Will I have the baby here? Yes. I’ve already found a midwife, and she speaks English…which was very important to me.

Will we find out what we are having? Not sure yet. We usually don’t.

Will we name this one after a president? Of course! And no, it will not be Obama.

Happy New Year!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats! And I do understand the feelings you described. It took me half the pregnancy to accept #5...because that one wasn't "my plan." God wisely surprised us with a younger brother for our son, after having had 3 girls first. And 5 years later, we evened the score with a 3rd son when I was 38. They are all unique and a blessing from God, even on the days that we want to strangle them. (Well..at least figuratively...lol.) Prayers for you for relief from the "evening sickness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! And I do understand the feelings you described. It took me half the pregnancy to accept #5...because that one wasn't "my plan." God wisely surprised us with a younger brother for our son, after having had 3 girls first. And 5 years later, we evened the score with a 3rd son when I was 38. They are all unique and a blessing from God, even on the days that we want to strangle them. (Well..at least figuratively...lol.) Prayers for you for relief from the "evening sickness."

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's plans are always perfect. Congrats dear Jodi and family. Really happy for you. What a blessing indeed. You are loved.😍 Will pray for you as you deal with the sickness and the "possible thoughtless comments "

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You're such a great Mom.

    ReplyDelete